- completed application form ("download information")
- Proof of nationality: copy of identity card or a comparable identification document
- Proof of legal establishment: registration certificate or other evidence of your lawful establishment in the country of origin (E.g. Excerpt from commercial register)
- Proof of professional qualifications: if the profession is bound to professional qualifications in the state of establishment, proof of professional qualifications must be provided, otherwise
- a proof that the activity in the State of establishment for at least two years is exercised during the previous ten years.
Evidence include mastercraftsman or also known as "EU certificates'. For example, it shows A German craftsman, since when and for which craft the company is registered in the crafting role at the Chamber of Crafts. In Germany the Chambers of its members issue these certificates.
Exceptions apply for the following trades:
- Chimney sweep
- Hearing aid dispenser
- Orthopaedic technician
- Dental technicians.
These professions may not be exercised until the Chamber of Crafts has issued the following:
- Confirmation that the qualification is sufficient, or
- Notice that the qualifications will not be checked.
The documents can be transmitted electronically. The competent authority may require the service provider in the case of reasonable doubt regarding the authenticity of the submitted documents, to submit certified copies.
The evidence (register extracts, certificates and documents) is to translate into German. The translations have to make of sworn interpreters and translators.
The confirmation is valid for one year. In the time of cross-border services, if there are changes in your company that affect the service provision, the change must be displayed and demonstrated by documents.