FAQ frequently asked questions

Many questions have already been addressed to us, the single contact person of North Rhine-Westphalia. On this page we would like to give you an overview of frequently asked questions and provide you with the answers.

Is your question not present? Or would you like more information? Then of course we are also happy to help you by phone or e-mail!

Why is the single point of contact there?

The points of single contact (EA) is an institution of the European Union. Points of single contact to ensure the entry into force of the directive 2006/123/EC ("services directive"), that all the information about procedures and formalities that are required for the recording of a service activity, available electronically (from a distance). Thus to facilitates the establishment of operational offices across Europe and facilitates the provision of services across borders. The points of single contact in North Rhine-Westphalia in the Regierungsbezirk Detmold is located since January 2016.

What is the single contact person?

The points of single contact is information brokers and proceedings Coordinator for procedures that are required for the access of a service activity or to the professional qualification directive. This is first and foremost a commercial affairs, for example if you setup a company / want to do. The same is true also for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications.

This means a considerable simplification, because you must only contact the points of single contact in contact. This takes care of the further communication with all other competent authorities. As authority pilot gives you all the information you the points of single contact to their concerns and clarifies for you which documents to submit to what authority have.

If you wish, you can also have your request fully electronically coordinated via the application system of the single point of contact (ticket system). Your advantages are obvious:

  • Everything from one source - focused information and coordination of official procedures
  • Practical online
  • Online-ticket system current status is available at any time
  • Multilingual Portal (German, English, French)
  • The EA is a free service
Which procedure is the single point of contact responsible for?

According to the EU service directive Member States shall ensure that all procedures and formalities that are required for access to his service activities, can be handled via the points of single contact. This includes essentially all areas for the recording and entrepreneurial activities and also professional recognition:

  • Procedures related to the industry
  • Proceedings at the craft
  • Procedures around freelance activities / liberal professions
  • Procedures for cross-border services
  • Recognition of professional qualifications

Can the points of single contact for a wide variety of different individual claim be taken, derived from the relevant trade laws is also. You can find out which services are in detail in our "other Services" page.

Which procedure is the points of single contact not responsible for?

In principle, any process which is handled via the points of single contact, must be described explicitly in the trade law. So for example, each performance can be handled after the craft or trade regulations via the points of single contact. Service activities, the not the scope of the EU services directive, or the EU professional qualifications directive are subject to, cannot be edited through the points of single contact. These include among others:

  • Transport services, including the transport
  • Health and pharmaceutical services
  • Audiovisual services
  • Games of chance including lotteries and betting
  • Social services in the area of housing, childcare and support for needy families
  • Services of temporary work agencies
  • Tax services

If you do not know exactly if your concern falls under the Services Directive, just ask us. Should you have not within our scope fall, but in the direct context of their business are available - for example, the setting of employees - we provide together like the necessary information.

How can I contact the EA NRW?

You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday during the period from 8:00 to 16:00 at the service phone number (0) 49 5231 71 3450. You can set your inquiry via email around the clock at info [at] nrw-ea.de. We will contact you as soon as possible, at the latest on the next working day, in combination.

How do I charge the single point of contact?

It's simple: In, our "ticket system" use. There are two ways how you process your request via our electronic application system:

1.) search our responsibility Finder for the competent authority and communicate after registering via the subscribe button directly to the competent authority or

2.) use the application system log on and communicate directly with the points of single contact in North Rhine-Westphalia, who is coordinating the procedures for the authorities in turn online.

In both cases the points of single contact as contact point if you have questions at any time is available.

Cost me some of the points of single contact in North Rhine-Westphalia?

No. The services of the EA NRW are free from January 2016 in any case. Only the fees and expenses of the technically competent authorities apply (E.g. 20 euro for a business registration). The EA NRW not charges additional fees for his action. In certain cases, you can even reduce costs through an online processing.

An expert advice can and may not make the EA NRW. The EA is a central point of contact and procedures Coordinator. Like he calls you EA NRW but - customized to your question (z. Business start-ups) - competent advice centres and contact persons.

How does the portal work?

The Internet portal of the single contact partner is divided into two main areas:

  • Communication of information
  • Process coordination

On our Web portal for general information about areas of business start-ups and the professional recognition. Further information on special services can be requested from our responsibility Finder. You need enter only the desired performance and the location in a simple search form and get information to the competent authority, to the documents to be submitted, fees, deadlines, etc. at a glance. The recognition Finder is available for this purpose in the field of professional recognition.

If a procedure is to be settled online, can register the request controller in the ticket system and easily manage documents at home about the EA to the competent body. There are two ways of coordinating processes:

  • the direct way to the competent
  • the indirect path via the points of single contact

To do this, see when asked "How I charge the points of single contact?".

Is my information secure?

Your data is protected against loss as well as against misuse by third parties. Personal data is collected only during the registration and the submission of the electronic and stored in a specially secured system. The personal data are forwarded in the context of submission only of the forms to the concerned authorities for processing.

Who has access to the documents if I use the procedure through the PSC?

If a procedure via the points of single contact is initiated, the involved authorities to have access. For example, the Trade Licensing Office gets leaked when a commercial display in Dusseldorf this data Düsseldorf. Is initiated the procedure directly with the competent authority, also only has access to this data.