- Central contact point for all questions relating to your planned service activities and recognition of your professional qualifications
- Information about required certificates, permits and approvals
- Identification of relevant authorities (for your case)
- Provision of contact information to relevant authorities (for your case)
- Coordination and liaison of all administrative proceedings between you and the relevant authorities
- Formal completeness checks of all incoming submissions
- Forwards your submissions to the relevant authorities
- Process and deadline monitoring of online submissions
The Points of Single Contact supports you with all administrational processes and permissions that are necessary for business start-ups / changes or that are required to maintain the status of your professional qualification in Germany.
You have the opportunity to complete the necessary administrative procedures electronically via the Points of Single Contact. Everything is centrally bundled and coordinated in the process, no matter how many authorities and organisations need to be involved, you only deal with the POS.
In North Rhine-Westphalia the Points of Single Contact was established in January 2016 at the District Government Detmold.
Fabian Halt, Beate Schewietzek, Nico Schuppenat and Sabine Sommer.
Monday to Friday 8:00 16:00
(The service times refer only to the personal contact with the points of single contact in North Rhine-Westphalia and the processing of technical error messages. The online submission can be used around the clock.)
The Federal Republic of Germany is a federal State and consists of 16 countries. The Federal Government in Berlin is responsible for all matters affecting Germany as a whole. The “Bundesländer” are States with their own authorities, who generally manage itself. They have their own State constitutions, governments and organizations.
At national level, the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWI) is responsible for the implementation of the European services directive. The Federal Government has the task to coordinate the implementation of the directive in 16 countries and to support the countries in any issues affecting all. The Federal States are responsible for the implementation of specific measures. As a result the implementation of the specifics of the directive - such as the establishment of a Point of Single Contact – can vary depending on the State.
Click here to get the website of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWI) which provides a list of all Points of Single Contacts operating in Germany. If you want to set up business or become self-employed in another State than North Rhine Westphalia, you will find the relevant contact details there.
Links to all Points of Single Contact and Points of single contact at Europe you will find on the pages of the EUGO network.